Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Triggered in the ED last night...

What a miserable past couple of days! Sunday night Hunter came down with some sort of stomach bug or food poisoning and then lucky me got it yesterday morning. Well by 8:00 last night after I hadn't kept anything down, not even water, for 24 hours Hunter took me to the ED. Of course my ER is supposed to be tomorrow so I had to trigger last night at 11:30 - believe me I got questioned pretty hard by the nurse when I pulled out my syringe. So after 12 hours in the ED, 4 bags of fluid, and lots of nausea medicine I came home this morning. One neat thing was the physician who took care of me the in ED had actually gone through IVF so she knew what I was dealing with and even called my RE to let him know what was going on. As of right now he says we are still a go for ER tomorrow, but my fever has gone up today instead of going down. The good news is that I have kept some chicken soup down for a couple of hours now. While I hate to throw away $3,000 on meds, I also hate to go forward with this cycle when things aren't as good as they could be??? So now I am just waiting on the RE to call me back and then I guess we will go from there. This just sucks! We have had the best response this time than we have ever had over 15 follicles and my last E2 was over 2,100. What timing, huh??

4 comments:

Emily said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry you're sick! I hope you are able to go through with your ER and this won't affect your cycle.

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I am so sorry that you're sick. I hope that you will be able to contine with your cycle. Thinking of you.

Hopeful Mother said...

I hope you are feeling better and able to move on to retrieval! What bad timing!

Erin said...

I hope everything's going great for your ER today! And I hope you're feeling better.